There are two main possibilities to reach Nancy:
- By train from many cities in France and in other European countries
- Flight to Paris, then train to Nancy
Other possibilities :
- By car: from Paris or Strasbourg take the A4 motorway; from Brussels, Luxembourg or Dijon take the A31 motorway
- Regional airport: connections to Lyon, Toulouse and some European cities
- Flight to Luxembourg or Strasbourg, then train to Nancy
Coming By Train
Nancy station is in the center of the city.
Trains from Paris (Gare de l’Est station) take about 1h30 (high-speed TGV trains). Trains from Luxembourg or from Strasbourg take about 1h20.
You can also arrive to Lorraine TGV station, which is close to the regional airport (37 km from Nancy): a shuttle will take you into Nancy downtown in approximately 40 minutes. Note that the reservation of TGV is mandatory.
Websites for further information and reservation:
- Trains: www.voyages-sncf.com
- Air France company: www.airfrance.fr
- Regional airport: www.metz-nancy-lorraine.aeroport.fr
- Nancy Tourism: en.nancy-tourisme.fr/practical-info/preparing-for-your-trip/
Coming By Plane
From the Charles de Gaulle Airport
There are several high-speed TGV trains daily connecting Paris – Charles de Gaulle Airport to TGV Lorraine station in a little more than 1h.
You can also come via Paris Center (Gare de l’Est station). Take the line RER B – a train connecting the airport and Paris (see the RER plan).
The RER takes about 30-45 minutes. Getting from the terminal to the RER may take up to 30 minutes.
To get to the RER, follow the signs “Paris by Train, RER”. Get off the train at the Gare du Nord station and change for Metro line 4 (using the same ticket), direction Porte d’Orléans, and follow the directions.
It is only 1 stop from the Gare de l’Est. At the Gare de l’Est station, take a direct high-speed TGV train to Nancy (1h30).
From Paris-Orly Airport
Take the ORLYVAL shuttle from the airport to the RER station «Antony». Change to RER B train, direction Paris center (see the RER plan). Get off the train at the Gare du Nord station and change for Metro line 4 (using the same ticket), direction Porte d’Orléans, and follow the directions. It is only 1 stop from the Gare de l’Est. At the Gare de l’Est station, take a direct high-speed TGV train to Nancy (1h30).
Coming By Car
Travelling by car ? Plan your route to the conference venue with Google Maps. Conference venue in Google Maps
• A31 (E21): Brussels, Luxembourg or Dijon – North Europe and Spain via Lyon and Marseille.
• A4 (E50/ E25): Paris, Berlin, Stuttgart, Vienna.
• Expressway N4 Paris Strasbourg.
The tram is the fastest and easiest way to get to the city center. A large bus network is also available.
For a map of the bus routes and prices, check the Stan website on www.reseau-stan.com
Buses and tramways are used with the same tickets
Concerning July 11th , the conference will take place at ENSEM 2 Avenue De la Forêt de Haye 54500 VANDOEUVRE
Taking the tram is the quickest and cheapest way going to /coming from the city center.
You can buy your ticket at the vending machine at each station of Tram 1
We suggest you to by a ticket named “PASS10” which allowed you 10 trips (can be shared with other persons)
Please note that the closest tram-station from the student appartments is “St Georges”
Nancy taxis are available 24-hours a day, seven days a week
- Phone: +33(0)3 83 376 537
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.taxis-nancy.com